In order to keep the server peaceful, we have rules and guidelines. It is important that, before you continue to play ont he server, you understand and agree with every one of these rules.
Last updated on 2017-06-05
- - Clarified AFK farming rule(s).
- - Fixed discrepency in profanity rules.
1. No griefing, stealing, cheating, or hacking of any kind
Hacking and cheating includes, but is not limited to, mods like the x-ray mod/resource pack, hacked clients, exploiting glitches (vanilla or otherwise), and anything else that is widely considered to be cheating or hacking. Griefing and Raiding is not allowed on CweepahCraft at any given point in time, regardless of if the area is protected or not. The above is frowned upon and is considered a serious offense which may result in a ban.
Some examples are, but are not limited to:
- - Using unapproved mods. (Ex. Macro/keybind mod) Approved mods.
- - Destroying another player's blocks
- - Killing another player's animals/villagers/golems/mobs
- - Borrowing another player's stuff without permission
- - Harvesting crops belonging to another player
- - Not replanting a public farm
- - Constructing sexually explicit structures
- - Constructing structures with intention to troll another player
- - Claiming another player's property
- - Constructing redstone mechanisms to intentionally cause lag
- - Attempting to duplicate items.
2a. Be respectful to all players
Respect all players, even if they aren't being nice back. This includes, but is not limited to, calling them rude names, “Trolling” and “Troll-baiting” in chat or in /msg, even if you know them outside of CweepahCraft. If you are given more than 3 warnings, you could be muted or temporarily banned depending on the degree of the offense. Report them to a staff member, or on the forums, and the staff will look into the matter. Please do not take matters into your own hands as this could result in you being punished as well, should you break the rules.
2b. Do not engage in discussions of inappropriate topics
Excessively negative comments or disruptive arguments/discussions in global chat will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, discussions concerning politics, religion, sexual/illegal contents, issues with staff/policy (those should be directed to Jacob or an Admin), issues with specific other players, or validity of bans (also should be directed to Jacob or an Admin). Any and all such conversations should be conducted in/moved to private channels, such as /msg or /mail. We would like to keep CweepahCraft appropriate for everyone, regardless of age, gender, race or religion. If you are given more than 3 warnings, you could be muted or temporarily banned depending on the degree of the offense.
2c. Do not harass other players
Harassing other players is strictly against the rules. If you are given more than 3 warnings, you could be muted or temporarily banned depending on the degree of the offense. If you are not a staff member, you should not be warning other players. It is considered "mini-modding" and could be detrimental to a staff application.
Forms of harassment include, but are not limited to:
- - Begging for items/teleports/permissions
- - Repeatedly sending teleports to players or a group of players after being denied a teleport
- - Asking for personal information of other players, including but not limited to: names, photographs, addresses, and social networking profiles
- - Repeatedly asking for someone to be pardoned, unmuted, or unjailed
3. Swearing is not allowed
We've had many issues in the past where "keep swearing to a minimum" wasn't clear enough. Because of this, swearing will be outlawed. Swear words are also not allowed in the form of abbreviations, Leet speak, in another language, or in a slang form. If you use an abbreviation that can be taken another way, it is advised that you do not use it. We would like to keep this server appropriate for all ages. Punishments for this offense may vary.
We do not allow any swearing/cursing/whatever you want to call it, with the exception of "hell" and "damn". Even though we allow them, we do not allow them for the purpose of insulting another player.
Calling someone gay as an insult is also not allowed. Keep in mind this server is meant for all ages, sexuality in general should not be debated or discussed. This is not meant as an attack on anyone, or to insult anyone.
4. Do not advertise
Advertising other servers and services unrelated to CweepahCraft is strictly against the rules. Advertising upon entry could result in an immediate ban.
Advertising CweepahCraft on other servers is also prohibited. This will lead to a permanent ban on all of our servers.
We do allow discussion of other servers on our server. Asking people to join you on another server in chat is not allowed, unless it done in a private message without the intent of advertising.
Staff members will use their best judgement in these situations.
Forms of advertising include, but are not limited to:
- - Posting links related to servers/services that are unrelated to CweepahCraft
- - Giving out addresses of other servers in general chat
- - Intentionally directing another player away from CweepahCraft
- - Advertising our server on another server.
5. Chat is English only
The majority of our server speaks English, and to avoid confusion or misunderstanding, we only allow the English language to be used in general chat. Other languages may be used in private messages or parties.
This isn't meant to offend anyone, it's for the sake of simplicity.
6a. Do not overuse capital letters
Using all capital letters as a method of communication is seen as shouting and can be very rude. Please be considerate of all the members and staff members and do not shout at them. Caps lock is permitted to be used for emphasizing certain words in a sentence, but it should not take up more than a word or two in each sentence.
Eg: "I really HATE creepers..." is considered acceptable. "NOOOOO. I dropped my pick in lava!" is also considered acceptable.
- - "WHERE CAN I FIND A SWAMP BIOME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!11111"
- - "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I won the auction"
- - "CAN I HAVE GLOWSTONE???????? sorry caps"
6b. Do not flood/spam the chat
Flooding is where you post a lot in a short amount of time. Spam can be categorized as a repetitive characters in one sentence, or as repeated messages in the chat. If you are given more than 3 warnings, you could be muted or temporarily banned depending on the degree of the offense.
Actions that are considered flood/spam:
- - Repeating the same sentence or question over and over again, causing the chat to fill up
- - Repeating the same sentence again over a short period of time
- - Excessive use of certain characters in one sentence. Eg: "!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "Hahahahahahaha"
7. Do not trick or scam players
This means that players cannot try to get other players in trouble by tricking/forcing them into doing something they did not intend to do.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- - Tricking someone into giving money or items when they did not intend to do so
- - Tricking players into accepting a teleport request when they did not intend to do so
- - Taking advantage of players in any way
- - Intentionally raising a bid in an auction to profit/help others profit from it
- - Tricking players into paying more than what they had intended to
- - Selling items for way higher than what they are worth
8. Punishment Evasion
Using another account to evade any form of punishments is strictly against the rules. This could result in a ban on your alternate account and an increased duration of your punishment on your main account. Should you feel that you have been wrongfully punished, please use the correct channels to contact the staff. Appeals made on behalf of another player will not be entertained.
How to get in touch with the staff:
- - You can send an appeal to the email address noted on your ban notice
- - If you have not been banned and can join the server, the command /callstaff can send a message to the staff team
- - You can send a staff member a personal message on the forums
- - If you have been muted, you may choose to send the staff a message with /mail
Examples of punishment evasion include, but are not limited to:
- - Using another account to evade your mute/ban on CweepahCraft
- - Having another player ask for you to be unbanned/unmuted
- - Having another player explain to the staff why you should be unbanned/unmuted
9. Respect all staff members
The Staff exists to maintain the server, and to keep it a fun, respectable community for everybody. The Staff reserves the right to enforce rules, assign punishments, and make their own judgements at any given point in time. If you feel like a member of the Staff is abusing his/her powers or authority, you can file a report with someone of a higher authority, like the owner, by sending them a message with /mail or sending them a private message on the forums. Alternatively, you can talk to the staff members in a civil, respectful manner. Should you feel that you have been wrongfully punished, please submit a ban appeal on the forums (https://cweepahcraft.net/forums/forum-5.html).
Some forms of disrespecting staff members or the staff as a whole include, but is not limited to:
- - Challenging the Staff’s judgements on enforcing rules/punishments by arguing about them in public chat
- - Name calling or making derogatory remarks against the Staff
- - Ignoring a warning from a staff member
10. No AFK entity or playtime farming
Going AFK in an attempt to farm playtime or keep entity-based farms loaded/activated is prohibited.
If you are applying for the Vanilla whitelist, include "befuddle" in your application.